- 200g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 full teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 floret of broccoli (lightly steamed)
- ½ a small sweet potato (steamed and grated)
- 1 carrot (grated finely)
- ½ a courgette
- 1 handful of grated cheese
- 200g greek yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- All purpose seasoning, oregano and a pinch of salt (but you could use any seasoning)
1Preheat oven at 130C.
2Beat eggs, add all wet ingredients (oil, yogurt), then mix in all vegetables.
3Add the sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda gradually, to avoid lumps.
4Right at the end incorporate the grated cheese.
5Pour mixture into muffin moulds and bake for about 30min or until golden brown.
6They should keep their shape and not wobble too much. Because of the cheese and veggies the traditional test of dipping a knife in might not work.
By Naruca Appiah