- 500g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 80ml olive oil (plus extra for roasting)
- Vegetable fingers (e.g. carrot, celery, pepper) and/or crackers to serve.
1Roast pumpkin in a little olive oil until soft. Allow to cool.
2Add chickpeas, cooked pumpkin, spice and lemon juice to a blender.
3Blend whilst adding olive oil to desired consistency.
You can easily swap out the pumpkin for carrots, or pepper for a less seasonal dish.
By Lis Dukes