Please note, MGF is proudly MLM free and will not accept any listings from MLM companies.
All of our listed businesses are genuinely recommended. However, MGF reminds you that all interactions are at your own risk. Our full terms and conditions, as well as a disclaimer and information about how we handle negative reviews are here.
Charlton Toy Library (CTL) is a registered charity (number 285099), founded by parents in 1982. CTL provides a comprehensive family support service for disadvantaged under-fives and their families.
- a mobile outreach service to four women's refuges, four HomeStart groups in hard-to-reach deprived areas & to disadvantaged children referred by local health professionals;
- a child safety equipment loan scheme to keep children safe at home;
- an educational and multi-cultural toy and book loan scheme promoting pre-school numeracy, literacy and creative learning;
- advice, support and counselling for carers on a wide range of child and family issues;
- a welcoming inclusive space in our main premises for children and their carers to socialise;
- information, craft and music sessions;
- a sign-posting service to other local child-related services;
- volunteering opportunities.
Through all our activities we aim to promote the principle that play does matter for all developing children and to support all families to access play with their children across the borough of Greenwich and beyond. Our objectives are to make play available and lend appropriate toys for shared play in the home, to provide play areas where families can use a range of toys and creative activities, to offer an opportunity to socialise and to offer a befriending & supportive service to parents and carers.
In 2016 / 17 we supported 319 families including 469 children through our main services at our Charlton House base and our outreach service combined. 146 of these families were on our Outreach Service as some of the most vulnerable in Greenwich borough.