This is my 2 year old’s most favourite dinner – we eat it most weeks and she role-plays making it.
- 225g chestnut mushrooms
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1x tbsp Maldon salt
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, stripped to give 1 tsp leaves
- 500g linguine (I always use spaghetti as it’s cheaper)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- freshly ground pepper
This is delicious and incredibly quick to make – 20 minutes including chopping etc. My daughter has been known to eat fourth helpings. As a family of two adults and one child this feeds us heartily and leaves three good sized portions to put into the freezer for my husband and I to take to work for lunch. Once defrosted, two minutes in the microwave makes a fab lunch.
By Maria Green
Adapted from From Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson.